Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ahhh.... this winter weather...

This morning it was about 60 degrees out and we had 5 of us who got together for a road ride. Pictured here Derek, Bernice, John, Don & Me. We rode 42 miles and it was a delightful ride. Just a tad cool to start then sunny with a light wind.

The azaleas are in bloom which makes everything in town very pretty. They are all over the town. here are just a few of the ones in our yard

We bought ours years ago and they were marked with the color bloom they were to produce but I think we did not see that as we have all different colors in the yard.


I was a little short of photographic material for this week so I am going to feature my hometown of Johnstown NY. Here is the house I grew up in... my Dad has lived there most of his life and he will be 84 in March

This is the Junior High School I attended. It was funded by a grant from the Knox Gelatin family hence the name Knox Junior High School.

This is the church I attended as a youngster. It was a Presbyterian church that was huge and had lots of cool passageways in it.

These last two are a little snack shop in town. My paper route used to end here and I would sometimes get a treat.

This is Jean the proprietor she was there when I was 14 & 15 and was still working there part time when I visited and took this picture last September

No comments: