Sunday, September 30, 2007


This week is in honor of my sister Nancy. She is battling cancer that has spread to her liver and her lungs. I am taking some time this week to tell a bit about her and the impact she had/has on my life.

When I was 18 or so she became a believer and accepted Christ’s death as payment for her sins. You could call it being born again or becoming a Christian the words you use are not near as important as the impact on life itself. This accepting of His death and subsequent resurrection provided her with the certain knowledge of where her eternity will be spent. This is playing a key role now some 32 years later as she wrestles with cancer and the uncertainty that lies ahead
.
Soon after she accepted Christ she began to tell me about what He had done for me and about my need for accepting his Love. I was at that time under the belief that if the good things I did outweighed the bad I would be OK with God. After looking at what the Bible said I learned that it was not about me (I like everybody was a sinner)but about God and my relationship to Him.

As a result of her sharing I to accepted Christ and enjoyed His love & grace now since 1976.

It is neat to hear Nancy talk about what could be a terminal illness. She says she is not really concerned about the illness since she knows where she will spend eternity. Powerful words when the rubber meets the road.

How bout you... can you say for sure. If not talk to Nancy or myself and we can show you how you too can know.

Here are a few pics of my sister....

she is a blessing to me.

3 comments:

Nancy B said...

Oh Mike thanks for the kind words and sharing your testimony. You brought tears to my eyes. I love you. Nancy

Dana P said...

Nancy,

Thank you so much for sharing this with me.
I forgot that your brother is a motorcyclist like my husband and me. =) Thank you for praying for my Dad during his long illness this summer. Praise God that he accepted Yeshua (Jesus) as his Messiah and Savior before he passed away. Thank you for your continued prayers for my Mom and my family. Thank you for your friendship, your support and your encouragement. Thank you for giving to the Lord.
I am praying for you.
Love, Dana

Natalie said...

Thank you for your the wonderful example that you are to me. Thank you also for Alaine. Other than my husband she is probably my best friend. Your are a faithful servant and you will be rewarded for that. You are constantly in my thoughts. I am praying for you to have strength during these trying days. I love you.