Sunday, September 23, 2007

a nice weekend North


It was a good trip north to see family and we got a bonus of some fall colors. Though the intent of the trip was to visit family, I have a sister that is battling cancer - there was a nice spattering of fall foliage

Bernice & I climbed Blue Mountain. It is a steep 4 mile round trip hike up the 3759 foot mountain. It took just over an hour to get up.... not sure how this compares to how fast we climbed it back in 30 years ago on our first date. I am pretty sure that we were faster this time. The rest of the weekend we spent with family just making memories and catching up. On Saturday night we had a bonfire at my sister Jeanne's house it was fun and we all had a good time It was time well spent and we were able to bring some good NY apples back with us. Tomorrow it is back to bicycling and working. I am glad that I love my job and my clients it makes Monday's fun too.

1 comment:

Nancy B said...

It was so good to spend some time with you and Bernice this weekend as well the rest of the family. Thanks for coming and for sharing your blog.

Love you,
Nancy