Sunday, December 07, 2008

Dare to Dream

I have used this sign once before because it encompasses my view as to how things get done.  I like to Dream ----Visualize-----Plan---and Execute.  

Now as a Christian-we also pray about it and seek God's Will about things as well.   

This leads me to disclosing our next big dream--- In September of 2009 we are planning to ride from Tacoma (actually Spanaway) Washington to San Diego California.  It will cover about 1,800 miles and over 77,000 feet of climbing.  We are planning to do this on our new tandem-- just Bern and I (no tour group) -possibly a friend or two-- we will carry everything in panniers (saddlebags) .  I am currently working on the mapping (turn by turn) and have the first 10 days done. 

All of today's photos were taken with my I-phone and not in great lighting but they get the point across.  This one shows the tandem in a parking space in the Villages using our new  "kickstand" -- it is like a folding wand that holds up the bike. Much to the chagrin of several golf cart drivers who thought I had taken "Their" spot.



We did a 48 mile trip which included going around Lake Weir and on to the Villages.  I decided to show our northern friends  where oranges come from.  Pardon the bright early morning sun.... and to answer the inquiring minds-- No we did not take an orange-- tho I was tempted.






I like to capture recent gas prices when I think of it.  Actually they are now down to $1.65 per gallon for regular. 













I put this in for Wes & Rudy.  We recently sponsored a  golf hole for Rudy's K of C tournament.  To answer your question Wes...."Yes--Michael did have socks on and for the most part Rudy still has most of his anatomy"






This last picture is a warning as to how not to pose when I take your picture.  I warned Regan that he would show up on the Internet looking a bit silly.  You can be the judge.... 

I think he favors his Dad in this one....Cullie???

Have a great week and leave a comment if you would. Lets me know somebody is reading this stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the kickstand.
i am also impressed you took all those with the iphone...

Ryno said...

haha that is a nice picture of regan!

Jeanne said...

brother dear-
we all read your stuff- we all are very interested in you - at least we can follow where you are- in your busy life-
Love ya
jeanne