Sunday, November 09, 2008

November... bicycles, football and friends

Cayce and Michael got a chance to travel north to Nashville to watch the Florida Gators spank the Vanderbilt Commodores --- she wanted to be sure to be warm so I offered to let her borrow my hat -- not sure but I think she found a different one to wear to the game.


Bernice was enjoying the mid 70's weather to do some studying out in our pool area. We use that area as an extension to the house this time of year. Delightful Florida weather--- 70 here and in Appleton Wisconsin it is 28.




We are certainly at this time enjoying FLORIDA Football. We CRUSHED the Georgia Bulldogs last week and Vanderbilt this week. We have clinched the SEC east. We have our sights set on South Carolina next week..... taking it one game at a time

On Friday night we traveled to the campus of UF and had dinner at Tijuana Flats (a good Mexican Restaurant on campus) It is always fun to walk around the campus. The reason we were up there was to see a good friend of ours.


We found her at the pool. She is a swimmer who happens to swim for the University of South Carolina. Sherah Aiken. She has been my friend since 3rd grade when I was her SS teacher and she kicked me in the shin for telling the Bible story about a guy named Achan (pronounced like her last name --- who hid stolen stuff in his tent) she did not like me saying that and OUCH.



We met her at the pool and followed her whole team to a restaurant and got to catch up with her. She is a senior at Univ of SC....luckily she did not kick me this time. It was great to see her and give her a hug.



Michael and I did a client event this past Wednesday. We sponsored a bicycle ride and breakfast in Inverness. It went well .....this is a picture of Bob, a retiree who moved to Florida from Montana. We had clients and their friends --- it was fun and we met some good people.


A nice time of year for flowers...


Today my neighbor John and I loaded our off road bikes up hand did just over 20 miles in the woods.




This is a picture of me on the Land Bridge overlooking I-75. This is a tri-use bridge for Bikes, Horses and walkers to cross the interstate safely.


Here is a short video of me in the woods today....click the arrow to watch it.


If you like the blog please leave a comment by clicking the comment thing below....if you write one anonymous just write your name in the body of your comment that way do not need an account

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love your blog I just wish I something to do a blog about or camerato take that of pictures- We do not have the fun you do-
Unless you want to call having Colby fun for the weekend fun and or going to Cristen's games and working fun. Really I love the kids and I count my blessings every day that I can enjoy them.
Love you all
Jeanne

Jeff said...

Nice try on the Appleton temp...we were in Hibbing, MN where it was 18, not 28! We are so glad you took the time to see Sherah, even if your shin still bears the marks of her shoe. She unfortunately now has the flu, some of those FL bugs that don't die out like they do up here in the arctic frost.

Ciao, Jeff