Sunday, August 03, 2008

August Middle of summer

We had a good but very full week. Lots of clients to see and it was truly a family business last week --- my assistant Susan was out all week attending her Mom's funeral. She passed away on July 24th at age --91. That meant Bernice was filling in for her. Michael & I appreciated Bern filling the void.

I saw this Bike Jersey at my local bike shop and was rather dismayed the largest size it came in was XXL --- Children's. Click on it to open it and read it easier... VERY COOL





About two weeks ago we ordered a tandem (bicycle built for two)-- it is custom built and should be ready in early October. Ours will be Pearl White Metallic -- notice it is coupled (meaning it can be dis-assembled and checked as a normal piece of luggage when flying. ((Once again click on it for full size)

Yesterday Bernice was at a Beth Moore Conference and my other riding buddy was in Texas....so... I went on a motorcycle ride. We put on just about 200 miles or so. I went to 2 friends Jim and Steve who also had black Harley Electra glides. We headed over towards the beach and found some nice back roads.

We started out before sunrise hence the dark photo above-- we road till about 2pm with stops for breakfast and lunch.


We saw a pretty cool Russian motorcycle with a two wheeled drive side car arrangement






This pic is of Jim and his wife from a couple weeks ago-- it was taken on my phone and hence the delay of posting it.

This week Derek and I will head to Chicago for the Ameriprise National conference... so I should have some good pics for next week

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To quote last weeks entry, "Many cyclist and their bikes fall prey to the warm summer weather." Looks like yet another cyclist has fallen, abandoning pedal power for horse power... (at least for the Saturday ride) :)

Jeff said...

Lots of bikes over here in Italy, not many helmets! The bicyclists seem to take their life in hand in traffic, but somehow everyone manages to share the roads. I would not call them bike friendly, but the car drivers make allowances. You wouldn't catch me on many of them unless blocked off from cars, but some do look like a lot of fun! Miss you guys. Jeff