Sunday, August 24, 2008

Storms and a sore hip


It was a week of predicted storms --that for us here in Ocala did not ever hit hard though we did get some much needed rain. I would guess there was somewhere north of 5
inches but the winds never got over 35 mph here. I am glad we did not get hit harder.

I only got to ride on Monday then it proceeded to RAIN some each including today.




My left hip developed acute bursitis last week. For a couple days I was in SERIOUS PAIN.... finally got some strong anti inflammatory drugs and it is healed. I have gone from very healthy and flexible to nearly immobile and back again in the span of 6 days.

My doctor buddy Don said it is kind of like a blister on the ball end of the femur and it can develop soon and is easily treatable ....well by yesterday I was healed.

Having an ailment like that REALLY makes you appreciate good health.








Wow a moment ago the sun was out. Reminds of the lyrics from:
Hello muddah, hello faddah
Here I am at Camp Granada.
Camp is very entertaining,
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining!
-------------------

Wait a minute; it stopped hailing.
Guys are swimming, guys are sailing.
Playing baseball, gee that's better.
Muddah, faddah, kindly disregard this letter!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

At least if you had to have a sore hip it happened when you couldn't ride anyway. Glad to hear all is better. We don't miss the storm season, but there is much else to miss about Florida. Thanks for your posts to keep us in touch with what we left behind.

Ciao.