Sunday, November 04, 2007

Woods, Magic, Road

This was the first week to be back in the woods on the bicycle. Each year as the temps drop and the time changes I either switch or partially switch back to the mountain bike for a few months. I ride at the Santos Trails http://www.omba.org/ Great Trails.
As is often the case you never know what you might run into the Florida wilderness. I have seen up close Rattlesnakes and Alligators. This week it was SPIDERS. There are tons of banana spiders out there but as long as you are not the first one on the trails. The big one below was spotted as I tried to balance the camera to take a photo of myself. The glove pictured with it is an Extra Large.


I was asked what I ride off road. It is a Specialized S Works Epic with XTR front to back and a Fox Terra Logic front fork.



Other happenings this week: I was in Orlando for some meetings and saw the most amazing magician at the hotel I was staying at. It was David Blaine type street magic. Also had a very nice Road ride Saturday AM. Bernice and I did 51 miles north of town. The Gator game was enjoyable and also squeezed in a couple rides on the Yamaha too.

2 comments:

Nancy B said...

Spiders! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Love Nancy

Anonymous said...

Yes, my dad told me about the spiders thing and how you used to have him ride first! But spiders are preferable to snakes. Thanks for emailing while I was at Remuda and I'll see you in a few weeks!
~Sherah