Sunday, October 14, 2007

This week a half century and next week a century

- On Wednesday this past week I crossed the half century mark and next week I will ride a century.

To clarify – this week I turned 50 years old and this coming Saturday I am riding the Santa Fe Century (any 100 mile ride is called a century).

On turning 50 – no big deal; physically I feel great – no aches and pains (yet). I do need my reading glasses more often these days but that is pretty normal. Mentally I feel about like a teenager – meaning I still like to catch some air while skiing or riding the mountain bike. So I guess I will refer back to my old quote on aging. “Aging is inevitable, maturity is a choice – there is no future in growing up.”
=========================
Reflections on 50 in no particualar order:
27 years married to my sweetheart
2 great sons who I am very proud of
a faith that is srong and vibrant
a business that is blessed abundantly by GOD
many goals accomplished and many yet to do
=========================
This week I said goodbye to a good friend who is moving away. My buddy Jeff has left Ocala and is transitioning to Pennsylvania (job related)..
I knew this was coming for several years just did not know when. Thank goodness for cell phones and email this shrinks the distance. Never easy to have good friends move away – Tim, Cullie and now Jeff are 3 that come to mind in the last few years
Well my upcoming trip to Georgia got cancelled. My friend Bruce can not get the time off due to recent use of vacation to visit his Mom who has been in failing health. This means a week without my sweetie as she is still going with her friend (Bruce’s wife) for a week to the mountains.
Some have asked how my sister is doing with her fight with cancer- she had a pretty decent week this week and is in good spirits. This week she has a week off from Chemo and just has a transfusion on tap. Keep her in your prayers.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Mike,
Finally got back online here in PA. Nice pic of me and the redfish, I am really, really, REALLY going to miss those crisp winter fishing trips with you. We were just getting things figured out. You still own the "big redfish" award on my boat, although my shark trumps all others for size!

It was great to see you last weekend, and we are looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with all y'all.

All for now,

Jeff