Sunday, October 21, 2007

The century(100 mile ride) went very well. I finished in 5 hours and 5 minutes with an average speed of just under 20 mph. This is one of my best centuries in a number of years. I was able to meet up with some friends form Ocala and meet some new friends from Alabama; together we enjoyed the scenic back roads of north central Florida. The day was topped off by some good Gator football with a win over the 8th ranked Kentucky team.

I enjoyed a short ride Friday morning before steping astride the Yamaha FZ6 and heading to Daytona.It is Biketoberfest there and the bikers were out in number. I had planned to hit High Tides in FLagler for lunch but so did about 300 other motorcyclist and since they can seat maybe 50 on a good day I headed down the coast and would eat later. The ride along A1A was great; nice surf, cool breeze, and lots of Bikes to look at. I ended up with over 200 miles by the time I returned to Ocala. The pic (above) is not of me.

The other news this week was that Michael got his first new vehicle. A 2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5... very nice truck. He was excited with the purchase and learned some lessons on car buying as I would provide counsel but made him do all the negotiating and such. He says he is really begining to enjoy the truck as he becomes more proficient on the use of a clutch. This is his first vehicle that is standard shifting.

Bernice is enjoying this week in North Georgia with her friend Cheryl so Derek & I are holding down the home front.

1 comment:

Nancy B said...

Hey Michael your new truck is just beautiful.