Thursday, October 04, 2007

dahlonega trip day 2

Today we covered 291 miles and hit a limited amount of rain, which was not bad considering there was a 60% chance. I stayed dry thanks to good clothes. We headed to Blairsville and then on to the Nantahla gorge and up to Robinsville and then on to the dragon. I had a great uncrowded down & back run on the dragon.
From there we ran the Cherahola Skyway some nice twisties and sweepers The smokies were at their finest with smokelike fog all day.

I had a great time after the ride when I met Uncle Bob from my cross country bicycle trip for dinner. He drove nearly an hour today to have a most excellent dinner with me in Dahlonega. It was good to see him again. I count him as a true family friend and really enjoyed catching up with him again.

Well tomorrow is another day of riding ... take care dont forgget to leave a comment

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

OK-
I will leave a comment.
Ride fast, fun and safe-
Be careful- is the speed limit 50 or the temperature-50 -or is miles per gallan -50- or is the number- 50 - a nice round number that might be happening on the 10th of this month????? in 5 DAYS??????
Love ya-
Jeanne