Sunday, May 10, 2009

Another excellent week....

Bernice & I found recently that at the end of our street if you traverse a small field you intersect with the Florida Trail. This has provided us with some interesting after dinner hikes. The wild flowers are in full bloom right now in the meadows along the trail.




Last Tuesday Michael and Cayce joined us on our hike. We went about 3 miles round trip down the trail and found a mixture of meadows and woods.




One place they made and easy crossing of a fence and you actually traverse through an occupied cow field-- fortunately the herd was through an open gate and down a bit when we passed. In watching where I was walking -- I noticed this cactus in bloom.





On Saturday we did a 48 mile ride with our friend Don. He says he likes following us on the Tandem. I think he enjoys the draft ---it was funny-- He said, " I feel really fit while following you guys -- not so much when I am leading"



On Friday Bernice & I did a 60+ mile ride in the horse farm area north of Ocala. It was pretty with all the farms, ponds and horses. Some of which get all frisky and want to run with you as you go by.....others do not even notice us









This coming week we will head to Washington DC for a conference I qualified for-- should have some good pics for next week.

No comments: